What is Google Ads?
Show up when people search for what you offer.
- Google is where people search for what to do, where to go, and what to buy. Your ad can appear on Google at the very moment someone is looking for products or services like yours.
Connect with shoppers, anywhere.
Display / Video Ads
Reach more people in more places online.
- Display ads can help you promote your business when people are browsing online, watching YouTube videos, checking Gmail, or using mobile devices and apps. The Google Display Network reaches 90% of Internet users worldwide, across millions of websites, news pages, blogs, and YouTube.
Google Ads (formerly Google AdWords and Google AdWords Express) is an online advertising solution that businesses use to promote their products and services on Google Search, YouTube, and other sites across the web. Google Ads also allows advertisers to choose specific goals for their ads, like driving phone calls or website visits. With a Google Ads account, advertisers can customise their budgets and targeting, and start or stop their ads at any time.
How does Google Ads work?
Google Ads works by displaying your ad when people search online for the products and services you offer. By leveraging smart technology, Google Ads helps get your ads in front of potential customers at just the moment they’re ready to take action. You only pay when users engage with your ad, like clicking your ad or calling your business.
What are the different types of Google Ads?
There are three basic types of Google Ads:
• Search Network campaigns - usually text form, these ads can show on Google Search results pages when someone searches for a product or service that’s similar to yours.
• Display Network campaigns - usually image form, these ads appear on websites or apps that your customers visit.
• Video campaigns - usually 6 or 15 second videos, these ads show right before or during YouTube content.
What is CPC (Cost Per Click) or PPC (Pay Per Click) Advertising?
CPC (Cost Per Click) or PPC (Pay Per Click) means you only pay for an ad if someone clicks on it. Other advertising models include: Cost Per Impression, where you pay based on how many times your ad was shown (not clicked) and Cost Per Engagement, where you pay when a user completes a predefined engagement (like watching your video ad).
How much does Google Ads cost?
Your Google Ads cost is determined by your budget settings. Google Ads can work with almost any budget. You’re only charged when users interact with your ad, like clicking to visit your website or to call your business. With Google Ads, there is no minimum spend requirement, and no required contract length—you can stop your ads anytime. The cost of a click or call can vary based on a few factors.
Can I get Google Ads Credit?
If it's a new account with no other promotions applied, you should be able to get up to £120 credit for what you spend on Google Ads during 31 days. This is a promotional offer by Google and their terms and conditions apply.